- Reduced growth
- Reproductive problems
- Cardiac dysfunction
- Immune suppression
- Altered behavior
- Carcinogenic, mutagenic, and teratogenic effects
- Obstructed cleanup efforts and didn't provide proper equipment to do it
- Suppressed vital information
- Told cleanup workers they'd be fired if they spoke to the media
- Lied from day one about what really happened and its severity
- Denied adequate compensation to Gulf victims
- Withheld respirators and other protective gear from cleanup workers, many now ill from flu-like symptoms, including severe headaches, dizziness, nosebleeds, chest pains, and trouble breathing that may persist, become worse and, for many, be long-lasting or permanent
- Ordered workers showing up with respirators and other protective gear to remove it or be fired
- On June 17, BP CEO Tony Haywood stonewalled the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigation by refusing to provide information he knows as chief operating officer
This email has been forwarded to you as a courtesy by Protect Our Waters Inc.
Organized greed always defeats disorganized democracy.
You may feel helpless right now to make a difference in the Gulf, but there are some steps you can take to help!
First, you can join the movement to stop the use of dispersants by taking action now, without delay: It is up to use to press our federal and state representatives to hold BP accountable for this massive environmental tragedy and tell them to co-sponsor legislation to ban the use of dispersants! Florida's Senator George LeMieux could be the single Republican vote that would allow this and other Gulf Restoration measures to come to the floor.
Contact him today at Website: Lemieux.senate.gov
Mail: United States Senate
356 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Telephone: (202) 224-3041
Fax: (202) 228-5171
Go to http://www.ProtectOurWaters.com to learn more and take action.
You can also join the movement to stop the use of dispersants by helping to spread the word. Forward this email to others and ask them to do the same.
Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have. Margaret