Sunday, August 15, 2010

TOXIC EXPOSURE

Two more fishermen exposed: Shortly after “I started to vomit brown, and my pee was brown… non-stop diarrhea unlike anything I’ve ever experienced”

*Dahr Jamail is best known as one of the few unembedded journalists to report extensively from Iraq.

Thursday Jamail reports on two commercial fisherman that were “slammed with exposure” to toxic chemicals on August 5 at the Dauphin Island Marina in Alabama.

Statements by one of the fishermen, Donny Mastler:

“We both saw the clumps of white bubbles on the surface that we know come from the dispersed oil.”

“I started to vomit brown, and my pee was brown also… I kept that up all day. Then I had a night of sweating and non-stop diarrhea unlike anything I’ve ever experienced.”

August 8: “He said that his urine was still ‘brown’.”

August 11: “I’m still feeling terrible. I’m about to go to the doctor again right now. I might end up in the hospital. I’m short of breath, the diarrhea has been real bad, I still have discolouration in my urine, and the day before yesterday I was coughing up white foam with brown spots in it.”

“I’ve got a lot of burning in my mouth right now.”

“Another time I was at the marina and got exposed again.”

READ MORE AT THE LINK:

No comments: