Tuesday, April 19, 2011

TO ALL MEMBERS OF CONGRESS from Cherri Foytlin of the Gulf of Mexico

April 19, 2011

To all members of the Senate, House of Representatives and the President of the United States:

Hello.

My name is Cherri Foytlin. I am from Rayne, Louisiana, and am a mother of 6, a journalist for my hometown paper, and the wife of an oil worker.

Starting on March 13th, I walked from New Orleans, LA, to Washington D.C. to meet with you and discuss the continuing need for humanitarian, ecosystem and economic relief for the people of the Gulf of Mexico. Unfortunately, I was unable to speak with you - for whatever reason.

Although, I must return to my home today, to prepare for events concerning the memorial of the catastrophe, I will be back.

I will also be bringing a small delegation of coastal citizens with me to personally discuss our needs, in particular the need for health care, as we now have thousands who are suffering now from the effects of the crude oil and dispersant's toxic cocktail in our waters and on our shores.

Please respond to this email and make yourself available to us upon our return. You may well find this the optimal opportunity to make a concrete statement as to your role as a pubic servant who is in solidarity with coastal citizens and communities - the millions of us - who need your help.

Please also see below a link to our events which will be held on April 20 in New Orleans; you or a representative of your post is not only invited, but sincerely encouraged to attend.

Sincerely,

Cherri Foytin

The Solution to Pollution Project

https://thesolutiontopollution.wordpress.com/

http://www.facebook.com/notes/cherri-foytlin/sent-to-all-members-of-congress-and-to-president-barack-obama-feel-free-to-repos/217473431596862

No comments: